Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Top Ten Genealogy Fugitives

My sister has joined me in digging up old ancestors!  She has breathed new life in my quest to find our kin and solve some of the mysteries that persist.  I thought I'd take a few minutes to list the top ten mysteries or missing persons in our genealogy.  Perhaps others have pieces of information that will allow us to put the puzzles together completely enough to tell the true story.  If you have any information to share, please do so in the comment section. 

This list is not in any particular order, and I will dedicate a blog to each in order to lay out what we know and what we need to learn.  A hope is welling up in me that we can make progress, solve these mysteries and find these people!

1.  Mary Sophia Harvey Kingsley Leonard Amey (1836-1902.)  Who are her parents?  What led her to leave her husband Elihu Beckwith Kingsley and her young family?  How is she connected with Edmund/Edward Harvey?

2.  Archibald Kingsley (1866-?,) Mary's son.  Why did he leave his family?  Did he remarry in Virginia or West Virginia?  Did he run off with his cousin Richard Kingsley as some believed?

3.  Mabel Edith Kingsley Winebrenner Chandler Schian (1894-1970.)  What is her true history?  Why did she hide her first marriage and son from her family?

4.  Mabel's boy (estimated born between 1900 and 1912.)  What was his name?  Who was his father?  What happened to him?

5.  Harriet Susanna (Susie) Kendall Kingsley Bauske Earley Curtis (1876-1955.)  What is her full story?  What was her interest in the Civil War Veterans that she married?

6.  Anstis Kenney Kendall's (1860-1881) baby Rosena Kendall (1880-?)  What happened to her?  Did she really exist?

7.  Verna (1872-1873.)  Is she the daughter of Benjamin Neve (1842-1901) and his first wife Lucetta Lavina Hines Kendall (1852-?)?  Or is she really Myra, the daughter born to them in the same year?  Is she Myra's twin?  What happened to her?

8.  Garrett Kenney (1807-1881.)  Who are his parents?  What happened to them and his presumed siblings?

9.  Ranulph de Kingsley (1080-after 1128.)  How did he earn the favor of Randle the Earl of Chester to obtain land and the Master Forestership?  Is it according to the legend written by Dr. Leroy Brown?

10.  John Billington (1580-1630.)  What was his motive for shooting John Newcomen?  Was he really a murderer or was he maligned and persecuted?

Of course I have more questions that come of my research, but they seem to be answerable by research.  These questions persist in spite of my research!  As I reopen these cases and reexamine them, combining my old research with what my sister is finding, perhaps we can solve these mysteries and find these fugitive ancestors.  The thought makes me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment